Friday, April 29

Why So Cold?

Now, with a title like that, some people may think I'm going to complain about the temperatures this Spring. No.


I have something that happened that we all know of and dread the day it comes. It comes in people, in animals, insects, fish, etc.


It is a process we humans like to call death.


This morning, I found my dear old guinea pig, Pigwidgeon, laying motionless and cold on the floor of her crate. She was gone. My mother and I had been expecting this for a while, since she was so old; and yet, I still cried. But the tears were solemn and quiet. My mom will take care of her after I've gone to school. 


See, our Piggy was about seven or eight years old. That's quite a bit older than the average guinea pig. When I found her, she looked like she had just gone to sleep. Peaceful. I figure Pigwidgeon died of old age, after she fell asleep. Bye-bye, Piggy.

4 comments:

  1. Though I didn't get too much sympathy, a day at school made me feel better. Thank you for being considerate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! this is the first time I've read your blog in 5 days, so I just learned about this! I'm so sorry for you, Cami. I know how much it must hurt.
    RIP Piggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to tell you on the bus because you seemed so happy, and I didn't want to make you feel bad for me.

    ReplyDelete