Monday, April 18

Sorry for the Delay

I feel bad that I haven't posted much recently, but I'm gonna put that behind me because I hit 1,021 page views in the time I haven't been watching over my blog like a hawk. I'm pretty happy right now. I just have the inability to express it on a blog in writing without over-doing the use of an exclamation mark. Happy day.


On Saturday, my family and I drove all the way up to Kalamazoo, Michigan, to see a movie that lasted only an hour and forty-five minutes. The book was written in the 1950's, totaling up to being over 1,000 pages. Making this movie was attempted in the 1980's, but fell through. Atlas Shrugged: Part One of Three. The story is as follows: It is 2016. The world is in a state of chaos. Not an "End of the World" sort of thing, but rather, "The Economy is Dying." Gas prices are at $37.50 a gallon, so regular transportation by car is out of the question for the middle-class population. Now, long-distance travel is most affordable by train. The presidents of big companies are disappearing all over the country. The remaining train companies are competing  to make the most money, and come out on top.


I was really impressed with the movie. My mother, a tough movie critic, said that the movie was really good, even though it was under-financed. I loved it, and I can't wait for the next movie.


I'll finish the post off with this:


Who is John Galt?

2 comments:

  1. According to Google, he's a fictional character from Atlas: Shrugged who is the subject of the often repeated question "Who is John Galt?". Does that answer your question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a reference to the movie. You didn't have to look it up. Thanks though. I think that sounds about right. That's what people said in the movie.

    ReplyDelete