Thursday, April 14

How Do You Pronounce This?

So yesterday, my Erik Satie book arrived in the mail. I looked at the third set of songs in order, studied it, and realized, there was no time signature. I was baffled by the revelation. How do you play something that isn't 4/4, or 3/4, or 5/4, or 6/8, or 2/2, or 2/4, or 9/8? You play it however you want. That's what my teacher told me, I tried it, and it was so fun. I was genuinely scared at first because it was all strait notes. No bar lines, measures, nothing. At the beginning, there was a Treble Clef, and a key signature. To make it harder, the key was A-flat (B-flat, E-flat, A-flat, D-flat). I'm so glad I figured it out, because it's beautiful. The song is called Gnossiennes. Gorgeous. Fantastic. I love it.


I'm out of ideas already. Geez, that's pathetic. Sorry people. I'll post again when something eventful happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment