Thursday, May 12

Curtain

As you all know- because I told you- last night was Five Star Awards Night. Awards night usually wraps up a season, but since it's close to the end of the year, it wrapped up Five Star until school starts again in the fall. By the end, I had won no awards, but had been recognized for my grades. I was nominated for Integrity, but someone else, most likely much more deserving, got it. J-j-j-j-Jenica was nominated for and award, and so was wierdoblogersarah. MsMcCartney got nominated for the biggest award out there: Student of the Year. An older student got the award, but MsMcCartney had the sweetest expression on her face. At the end, she and I were crying, wanting to go back next week, not next year.


This morning on the radio, Five Star went on the air with a pretty cool radio caster, to talk about the awards night, tell stories, and collect gifts of money from listeners. My mom donated fifty dollars. Twenty-five for each of her girls who were involved with Five Star. The newscaster had gotten a gift of 3000 dollars to double the money each time someone calls in, and donate it themselves as well. Pretty cool, huh?


I'll have to go to school soon, so I guess I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment