Thursday, April 7

The Most Uncalled For State of Melancholy

I've become so good at typing the word "melancholy" it's not even funny.


Yeah, yesterday I was really quiet and unsociable for the first part of the day. But after playing a bit of basket ball, I was much more awake and I stayed off the laptop for a while to make dinner. 


I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning last night/ this morning watching the 6 part Pride and Prejudice with my mom. Unfortunately for her, she was dead asleep half-way through the fourth one. I do really like that story. Oh, how I wish to have a romance like that of Elizabeth Bennett. It has always struck me as extremely sweet. I can't get the thought out of my mind that I could be Elizabeth Bennett. I already know who would be the sisters, except Jane. I don't know many people like Jane. That'll be harder than the others were to find. The fact that I'm Elizabeth, the main character, shows how openly self-centered I am. I do love Elizabeth Bennett, which may seem odd to some of you who don't know that there are as many forms of love as there are moments in time. I got that line from Mansfield Park, another Jane Austen book turned into a movie. I love Pride and Prejudice the best of all, but there are none that I dislike. I think they are works of a master author, and that Pride and Prejudice is her best. So someday, I will have an Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy romance, and at that time be totally unaware of it. I'm naive lots of the time, I hate to say it. But everyone has flaws. That's just one of mine.


That's a hacking big paragraph. Oh well, I have to do some simple sorting chores. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment